The Dr. Sukumar Azhikode Tatvamasi Cultural Academy had announced eleven awards for 2018-19 on April 27, 2019.
The jury, which selected eleven odd writers who had contributed to the growth of Malayalam literature in various genres include renowned poet and lyricist, Sreekumaran Thampi as Chairman, Kureepuzha Sreekumar, T.G. Vijayakumar, Umadevi V.G., Vikraman P.N., Shobha Joshi and Kalavoor Chembaazhi Ramachandran.
The winners of Dr. Sukumar Azhikode Tatvamasi Award 2018-19 are as follows:
- C. Radhakrishnan (Literature – Cultural)
- S. Ramesan Nair (Poetry – Cinema Segment)
- V.V. Jose Kallada (Kathaprasangam – Online Prowess)
- Darwin Piravam – (Charity – Arts Segment)
- Haris Nenmeni (Novel – Maaji)
- Ravi Varma Thampuran (Fiction – Stories)
- Idakulangara Gopan (Poetry – Nishabdhatha Paranju Athu Neeyaanu)
- Muraleedharan Valiyaveetil (Comedy Poems – Chithrashalabangale Maappu)
Special Jury Award
Two eminent personalities received the Special Jury Award: Ajitha T.G. (Poems – The Instrument Box) and Amal Suga (Poetry – Manju Manakkunna Braanthukal). The jury consisting of Kureepuzha Sreekumar, Aymanam John, Manikantan Polparambath, Anil Kuriyaathi, Uma Devi Thurutherri and Jayakumar Theertham, who selected the Special Jury Award winners.
The award will be given away to the winners at the 93rd Birth Anniversary of the late Dr. Sukumar Azhikode will be held on May 12, 2019 morning at 10.00 A.M., at the Kerala Sahitya Akademy Hall in Thrishur, titled as “Thatvamasi Literary Festival.” The awards constitute Rs.10,001 cash prize and plaque. The emminent personalities who are taking part in the event includes Justice Kemal Paasha, author Vaishakan, poet and lyricist, Sreekumaran Thampi, poet, Kureepuzha Sreekumar, actor Anoop Chanddran and actor and novelist, Ibrahim Kutty.